- Set goals – Make sure that you determine exactly what you're trying to achieve well in advance of work starting. Are you reflecting a recent rebrand, fitting in new employees or moving to a new office?
- Keep a checklist – Make sure that you list down all of the requirements of your project with matching timelines. Stick to this checklist at all times and mark off things when they are done.
- Don't compromise – Make sure that the quality of your fitout is kept in the forefront of your mind. Whilst it might be tempting to save some money, you should never sacrifice on quality.
- Include everything – Make sure that you haven't forgotten to include things like IT infrastructure, telephone and power outlets, and storage in your budget; these things all start to add up.
- Do research – Make sure that you have researched the current trends and innovations of the fitout industry; are you planning on using any of these in your project and, if so, how will they succeed?
- Consider safety – Make sure that all the safety requirements of your building have been assessed, including the placement of fire extinguishers and sprinklers, smoke detectors and exit signs.
- Consult professionals – Make sure that you have consulted some fitout professionals for advice and recommendations. This will ensure that your project is as successful as possible.
Friday, September 12, 2014
How To Plan Your Upcoming Commercial Office Fitout
Even though a commercial office fitout can provide your workplace with a large number of benefits, it can prove to be quite a stressful project that takes up a large portion of your time and budget. One of the most important things that you can do in preparation for your fitout is to plan it carefully, from start to finish, to ensure that everything is covered.